1 800 909 9003
Become a California Notary Public or
Renew your Notary Commission
- All applications for appointment must include a 2" x 2" color passport-type photograph of you attached to the Notary Application.
- Live Scan Fingerprints are required and are submitted to the Department of Justice and the FBI.
- For your convenience, we are offering at all of our CA Exam Classes both the state required Live Scan Fingerprinting and state required Passport-type Photo services.
Requirements for becoming a California Notary Public
The California Notary Public Handbook does not say you must be able to Read, Write and Understand English, but the Notary Learning Center recommends this for the following reasons:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a Legal Resident of the State of California
- Must satisfactorily complete a course of study approved by the Secretary of State
- Must pass a state proctored exam for each four year term
- Be able to pass a Background Check by the State Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- The California Notary Public Handbook is printed in English
- The Official Notary Public Application is printed and completed in English
- The Notary Learning Center approved course of study is given in English and our reference manual is printed in English
- Our web site for signing up for taking our approved course is designed in English
- The State Proctored Exam which is given after our approved class is given and printed in English
- The request for live scan service is printed and completed in English
- Your Official Notary Seal is manufactured in English wording and dating
- When you become a Notary Public the acknowledgments and proofs of execution, oaths and/or affirmations, jurats on affidavits and depositions, certified copies of original powers of attorney and journal entries and copy certification by document custodian, are all printed and completed in English.
- Four Year Term
- $40.00 State filing fee for NEW and RENEWING commissions
- $15,000 Bond Required
- Notary Seal must be an inked impression and reproducible
- Jurisdiction as all of the counties in the State of California
- Notary Journal of Notarizations is required by law
Sign up now ... Reserve your seat today!